Friday, May 22, 2015

Carry Over. Pt 2

I became so excited about having a blog and actually starting that I didn't think it through. So these are the posts that I carried over from my first attempt. They aren't phenomenal but I still didn't want to lose them. Part Two.

They really do exist!:
My husband Joey and I finally were able to try the pretzels from the Twist truck! We had tried multiple times to get to them and had no luck due to weather or any other terrible thing that can keep an honest person away from a pretzel. We tried quite a few from the selection that they have and let me tell you, OMG. These were INCREDIBLE. We ordered the Chester, the Tove, and the Kirby. The Chester is the classic salted pretzel and we paired it with the beer cheese dip. This goes to say for all of them but it was airy and chewy all in the perfect places. The salt was not over powering like a lot of the pretzel options you find which really allowed you to taste the dip. The beer cheese dip was a tad more runny than what I like in a dip but my god the flavor was so rich that it didn't need to be dense. The Tove was the Truffle Parmesan pretzel and we asked them what dip was recommended and they said that it pairs well with their tomato soup. It paired perfectly. A couple things you will learn along the way are the things that Joey hates. He HATES tomato soup. He doesn't even eat it with his grilled cheese, right?? I was super hesitant for us to try it but he knew if all else fails I would like it. After getting these glorious little babies home and breaking into them, Joey decided to try the soup and his exact words were, "This might change my mind about tomato soup. Is all tomato soup like this?" So of course I had to try it because after hearing that I thought I might pass out. BLESS. The soup dip was as magical as anything else from there. The consistency was smooth and velvety. With the amount that we got I did not see huge chunks of tomatoes, which for me no problem but with Joey you could see my struggle. Our last item that we ordered was the Kirby with the caramel dip. The Kirby is a cheesecake pretzel that in itself makes you question why someone hasn't ever made these two food species breed. It is lightly dusted with what I assume is a cinnamon sugar mix and has a layer of cheesecake IN the pretzel. The moment it touches your tastebros you immediately don't know if anything that good has ever happened ever. Then you try it with the caramel dip that they make and you just give up. This dip has no competition, seriously I could say if I was at the Twist truck and they were like so sorry we are out of our dips I would be like eff it. I will eat all of the pretzel types they sell with this dip. I will eat cardboard with this on it. The perfect texture, they nailed everything we had but this dip was creamy, it wasn't granulated. My super picky husband who doesn't like sweets even raved over this. So our venture to finally find the Twist truck was so well worth it and we will make sure to never walk passed it if/when we see it. I can only pray that you do the right thing and follow them on instagram if you haven't already. Hunt them down, this food is so worth it. The gal and guy in the truck were super patient with us through our whole order too, I'm super awkward and indecisive and they didn't even sigh at me. Twist is the whole package.

No comments:

Post a Comment