Thursday, May 28, 2015

P. B. Jams

The hubs and I attempt to try all the new places we can but obviously money doesn't grow on trees. At least our families didn't have one of those trees out back when we were growing up. Point being, we don't get to go try a new place every night and we check out things like Groupon anytime we can to see if any deals appeal to us. Scrolling through the list as my husband plays a video game I see the deal for the place my husband wanted to try is still on there. P. B. Jams is a rad little sandwich place that is being run by a woman whose heart is bigger than Paula Deen's obsession with butter. If you don't believe me just do a little research. A picture that was posted in the front window of her place quickly went viral but not because she is some crazy political business owner making a stand, it's because she saw someone hungry rummaging through trash looking for a meal and she couldn't bare to see it. Below you can see the picture that helps  restore a bit of your faith in humanity. However my husband and I just saw the picture on the ad of an ooey, gooey pb&j and completely forgotten about that act of awesomeness. So buying the deal we headed out for lunch. Upon arrival, it's a small, clean area. There is a cute general store motif and route 66 themed items on the wall. Which is fitting since you are off 39th st, anyone tell me what other name that street goes by? You're greeted by a very friendly woman with brilliantly styled hair who helps you navigate through the menu, all while explaining the things that aren't your normal pb&j. I assume this woman is the owner but I'm so chronically awkward conversation is either word salad all over the place or barely piecing a sentence together. You can guess which side I was on at this point. So after browsing the menu we decide on all the things. We order the "Donut touch my nuts" the "Mac Daddy" and the "Fluffy Nuts". All the sandwiches come with veggies and ranch as a side. Let me tell you I can't wait to get back there when my braces are off so I can confidently bite into carrots and celery. That hindrance plus my husband not liking veggies made me think we could both get a sammie and split one and be set. I DO NOT recommend someone following this same pattern. We were full for hours. The fluffy nuts is a righteous sandwich, that is marshmallow fluff, nutella, and bananas. We altered a tad, removing the naners because hubs doesn't believe in them and we added bacon because adding bacon was an option and only felt right. We did it on wheat bread and it was grilled so it was a blissful mix of gooey brilliance. Donut touch my nuts is the cardiac arrest that you didn't know you needed. 2 yeah 2 beautiful bouncy Krispy Kreme donuts get warmed slightly then made into the sandwich that tastebros dream of. She stuffs this thing with bacon, peanut butter, and jame of your choice. We went for strawberry. Seeing your in laws later? Go eat this sandwich and forget to wash your hands. Make sure when you hug them that you hold on to them extra close. You'll make a mess of their clothes and you'll be so busy with the food baby you won't even hear what they're bitching about. At this point do you get that we are bacon people? The. Mac. Daddy. At first I was like erm, slightly scary name for a sandwich but I can dig it. If nothing else convinced me to come back it was this sandwich. The moment it arrives your spidey sandwich senses go out of control. This is a grilled garlic butter roll, and your like shit sounds good I will eat it now but wait, then it is stuffed with Mac and Cheese AND Bacon!!! It's delicious and creamy and crunchy from the roll and the bacon, then salty and savory from the garlic. Your mouth has no idea what to do except signal for your eyes to water because there is no other way to cope with this. All around experience, I was pretty satisfied. There are a couple things I could be a diva about and I will list them in the next couple sentences but overall this is a good place to go with good people in it.  Cons: The hours are rough. The peanuts on the table that are there for guests to crack at will, weren't crunchy. Gonna say this is due to the biblical flood reenactment that oklahoma keeps trying to do. The prices are a bit higher than what you would expect. Some things that could be made from scratch are from the box or a bottle, the ranch, pickles, and the cheesecake. I adore that this place is different. There are so many places that are popping up and are the same shit with a different theme. This is a nice change. If you're in the area and have the chance to stop in to P.B. Jams, do it. I highly doubt you will regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment